Tuesday 19 January 2010

First Effort



I've been trying to get started on this since my son Ben set it up at Christmas. As a man from another time these latest ideas are always a little daunting.


Since the holidays and the wintry weather it has been a real struggle to get started on this years main goals which are to drop 10 kgs (gained during the inner ear illnes in 2009) and gain sufficient fitness to begin to compete on the bike.


If it wasn't for the food on offer then the first of the goals would be a little nearer. Fitness-wise, the spin class on Monday evening, curtesy of my friends Dave and Sue, has been the best move so far.

I managed a 43 mile ride on Sunday with Dave and, although tired afterwards, it was the best yet. It seems that a 50 mile ride to my favourite tea stop at Waterperry is now a distinct possiblity. Half term is only a few weeks away and a decent weeks mileage is my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment